Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flashing Green Screen on startup

I have just started having an issue at startup on my MacBook Air. It is the 2019 model which I bought in November and I am running version 10.15.6.

The progress bar gets to about 80% and then stops. The screen then flashes green and pixelated before the rest of the start up continues with the bar visible but the rest of the screen is blacked out. The MacBook then loads up.

I have tried reinstalling the Mac OS but this hasn't resolved it.

I have also tried running a diagnostic and this says there aren't any issues and I have tried the Disk Utility which says the same.

I reset the NVRAM and on that startup the green screen doesn't appear but then reappears when I next startup the Mac.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 3:55 PM

You’ve worked through most of the options, with the NVRAM and (presumably) SMC reset, so disconnect all external hardware and boot into Safe Mode and try again, boot Apple Diagnostics and see if those find any issues (the diagnostics will find some but will not find all possible hardware issues) and failing that contact the folks at Apple. Use the link in the upper right.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2020 3:55 PM in response to BadgerAnt

You’ve worked through most of the options, with the NVRAM and (presumably) SMC reset, so disconnect all external hardware and boot into Safe Mode and try again, boot Apple Diagnostics and see if those find any issues (the diagnostics will find some but will not find all possible hardware issues) and failing that contact the folks at Apple. Use the link in the upper right.

Flashing Green Screen on startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.