Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP!!

Was trying to reset computer to factory settings and erase all personal info off my macbook air 13' early 2014 model laptop and when i restarted computer all im getting is a file folder with a ? on it and nothing is working. this didnt come with a disk or anything so What do i do???!!

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 6:07 PM

Was trying to reset computer to factory settings and erase all personal info off my macbook air 13' early 2014 model laptop ...

That's ok so far, you just didn't finish yet.

The next step is to reinstall macOS. Refer to What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac. Pick up where you left off, at Step 7.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2020 6:07 PM in response to Swtee9871

Was trying to reset computer to factory settings and erase all personal info off my macbook air 13' early 2014 model laptop ...

That's ok so far, you just didn't finish yet.

The next step is to reinstall macOS. Refer to What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac. Pick up where you left off, at Step 7.

HELP!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.