Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone/iPad text message

Ok here’s the problem I have my kids iPad linked to my iCloud and it’s getting messages from me and the wife...sometimes these things are just not for little eyes.. I used the switch to turn off messages from iPad/iPhone but my kid knows how to get to it to turn everything back on..I don’t wanna have him lose all his games and stuff can I make a new iCloud account for my phone and his iPad will not get the texts from my phone? And how do I do it?? This stuff is just not made to be easy like it should be...

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 10:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 4:54 AM

Golden Rule: Don’t share an AppleID between users. Each user (including minors) should have their own AppleID for their own exclusive use - linked to their own primary email (and secondary/recovery email addresses and trusted telephone numbers). Sharing an AppleID causes multiple practical, data leakage and security issues.

If you haven’t already done so, you should create an AppleID for your child - being careful to set the correct Date Of Birth (this is important). Do not sign-in to Messages, on your child’s device, with your own AppleID.

Consider use of the Apple Family Sharing features. Decide on who will “lead” the family group and become responsible for App and subscription payments. Add other family member’s AppleIDs to the family group - and configure which content, including Apps, that you wish to share and with whom. If so configured, Apps already purchased and installed will remain available to family members.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Apple

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

Parental Controls

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

I hope this brief explanation - and links to relevant resources - prove to be helpful in guiding you to a “secure” and acceptable solution.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2020 4:54 AM in response to Hasproblems

Golden Rule: Don’t share an AppleID between users. Each user (including minors) should have their own AppleID for their own exclusive use - linked to their own primary email (and secondary/recovery email addresses and trusted telephone numbers). Sharing an AppleID causes multiple practical, data leakage and security issues.

If you haven’t already done so, you should create an AppleID for your child - being careful to set the correct Date Of Birth (this is important). Do not sign-in to Messages, on your child’s device, with your own AppleID.

Consider use of the Apple Family Sharing features. Decide on who will “lead” the family group and become responsible for App and subscription payments. Add other family member’s AppleIDs to the family group - and configure which content, including Apps, that you wish to share and with whom. If so configured, Apps already purchased and installed will remain available to family members.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Apple

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

Parental Controls

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

I hope this brief explanation - and links to relevant resources - prove to be helpful in guiding you to a “secure” and acceptable solution.

iPhone/iPad text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.