Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbolt Display will not wake up after sleep!!!!!!

I am having my 2017 MacBook Pro's connected to Belkin Express Dock HD through a thunderbolt 3 port. The dock then connects to my LG display through display port. I usually keep the lid closed and use bluetooth keyboard and mouse with this setup.

I have found that after I put my laptop into sleep, it couldn't wake up (by typing on the bluetooth keyboard). However, if I am using a USB-C display rather the thunderbolt display, the bluetooth keyboard is able to bring my MacBook up again.

Also I found this issue can be worked around by disabling automatic bright adjustment in following thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3356740

However, it is very disappointing that I am still seeing the same similar issue on MacOS 10.15.6 as the post was from the year of 2011... Do you have a plan to fix it at all?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 10:56 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 5, 2020 7:25 PM in response to x_ma

There are lots of reports of Docks that do not wake up properly after sleep.

to get a Mac display to become active, you need the Mac to query the display, and the display to answer with its name and capabilities. Otherwise, the display will not be shown as present, and no data will be sent to the display.

This query is only sent at certain times:

• at startup

• at wake from sleep

• at insertion of the Mac-end of the display-cable, provided everything on that cable is ready-to-go

• on invoking Option-(Detect Display) button in Displays preferences (from another display)

If the Dock is slow to wake, or is confused when it wakes, it may drop the query to the display, and then the display will stay dark.

Thunderbolt Display will not wake up after sleep!!!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.