Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System storage is consuming roughly 110 GB out of 250 GB on a 2018 iPad Pro. How do I get rid of these junk files which are consuming the majority of the storage on the iPad Pro?

I have 110 GB being consumed by system storage out of 250GB on a 2018 iPad Pro. How do I reduce the system storage which is consuming so much space?

Thanks in advance,

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 3:13 AM

The only remedy to having too little space on your device is to identify and remove unwanted data - however, some might be difficult to identify.

Details about your storage capacity and usage can be found here:

Settings > General > iPad Storage

Here you will see the relative usage of different categories of data locally stored on the iPad. For example (looking from the right), the largest light-grey bar is empty/free space, then you’ll see a darker-grey bar corresponding with “other”, then a green bar for “Messages” and so on.

You may find these help pages offer some useful information and insight:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

About storage on your device and in iCloud – Apple Support

If, when looking at your own data storage usage, you see that the “other” category is consuming an disproportionate amount of space on your iPad, this support page may be helpful to you:

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

I hope this information and guidance proves to be helpful in resolving the issue.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2020 3:13 AM in response to Openthepodbaydoors

The only remedy to having too little space on your device is to identify and remove unwanted data - however, some might be difficult to identify.

Details about your storage capacity and usage can be found here:

Settings > General > iPad Storage

Here you will see the relative usage of different categories of data locally stored on the iPad. For example (looking from the right), the largest light-grey bar is empty/free space, then you’ll see a darker-grey bar corresponding with “other”, then a green bar for “Messages” and so on.

You may find these help pages offer some useful information and insight:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

About storage on your device and in iCloud – Apple Support

If, when looking at your own data storage usage, you see that the “other” category is consuming an disproportionate amount of space on your iPad, this support page may be helpful to you:

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

I hope this information and guidance proves to be helpful in resolving the issue.

System storage is consuming roughly 110 GB out of 250 GB on a 2018 iPad Pro. How do I get rid of these junk files which are consuming the majority of the storage on the iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.