Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i buy a new Mac desktop and have it delivered and installed at my home?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 12:37 PM

Got it, Apple Stores will help you take it to the car and load it, however getting it home and out of the car you may want to ask a neighbor to help. However, you can always order online from Apple (this is how I always order mine) and the delivery is free and it will come to your door. To unbox it and set it up in the location you want you may want to enlist a neighbor. Is that an option for you?

The online store is simple to use, click https://www.apple.com/imac/ and then click Buy in the upper right, select the iMac you want and off you go!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2020 12:37 PM in response to Might As Well

Got it, Apple Stores will help you take it to the car and load it, however getting it home and out of the car you may want to ask a neighbor to help. However, you can always order online from Apple (this is how I always order mine) and the delivery is free and it will come to your door. To unbox it and set it up in the location you want you may want to enlist a neighbor. Is that an option for you?

The online store is simple to use, click https://www.apple.com/imac/ and then click Buy in the upper right, select the iMac you want and off you go!

Sep 4, 2020 12:25 PM in response to Might As Well

Delivered yes, but as mentioned Apple does not install it. Forgive me for asking, do you have a disability that would prevent you from unboxing it and putting it on your desk? If you do not, then you can order your iMac, when it arrives unbox it and put it where you want, plug it in and turn it on. It will start with Setup Assistant which will walk you through the steps of setting it up. If you run into any type of problem, you can always call AppleCare and they can help you. The phone number in the USA is 800-275-2273 and if you are outside the USA please use AppleCare Contact Info to find the phone number in your part of the world.

Sep 4, 2020 3:16 PM in response to Might As Well

As rkaufmann87 mentioned if you order it online it will be delivered to your door. You'll have to sign for it and at that time you can ask them to place it inside the door. When I had mine delivered all I had to do is drag/push it along the hallway and into my office. It was some effort to open, lift out and onto the desk. You could ask a friend/neighbor to help in that part.

If you order a 27" model order with the minimum 8 GB of RAM and install additional 16 GB of RAM (if desired/needed) for about ⅓ of what Apple will charge you for 8 GB. You can get the modules from MacSales.com or Crucial.com. If you order a 21.5" model it is not user upgradeable so order at least 16 GB of RAM at the time of purchase. Also on either model don't get anything other than an SSD drive.

Sep 4, 2020 3:46 PM in response to Old Toad

"If you order a 27" model order with the minimum 8 GB of RAM and install additional 16 GB of RAM (if desired/needed) for about ⅓ of what Apple will charge you for 8 GB. "

On that note, OWC (www.macsales.com) has 32GB of RAM on sale for Labor Day. I payed $134.99 a couple of weeks ago, its on sale for $119.76 right now. The link to it is: https://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/2666DDR4S32P/ This is a great buy and OWC RAM is about the best out there.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.