Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Child password for App Store not working

My daughter has her own Apple ID and we have the “ask permission” turned on when she wants to download an app. This works just fine into the app needs to be updated. If there is a new version of the app and it redirects back to the App Store to be updated, it prompts for her to enter her Apple ID password and when she does it tells her that it is wrong. We have tried multiple times with no luck. We end up having to delete the app and then reinstall it. Which works but I want to know why her password isn’t accepted for an app update.

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 3:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 12:03 PM

Most likely the app was installed using another apple ID than hers.

That means the app would require that apple ID's password to update that app.

My best guess is that she did not have her own apple ID at first, then she got her own apple ID after already installing most of her apps?

And the way to solve it is the way you already have done, delete the app and reinstall it using her own apple ID.

Good luck!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2020 12:03 PM in response to Appstorehelpplease

Most likely the app was installed using another apple ID than hers.

That means the app would require that apple ID's password to update that app.

My best guess is that she did not have her own apple ID at first, then she got her own apple ID after already installing most of her apps?

And the way to solve it is the way you already have done, delete the app and reinstall it using her own apple ID.

Good luck!

Child password for App Store not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.