Child’s Apple ID Support

Has there been a resolution for an Apple device asking for the Apple ID password twice when downloading apps on a child’s Apple ID?

as many other parents have stated over the years it’s ridiculous that you put all the parental restrictions on and the child is required to input a password (not once but twice).

For my 5 year old who just wants to download games it’s not possible for them to input a password (especially in the format Apple requires)

I’ve tried adjusting lots of settings including screen time restrictions, content restrictions, age limit and password required settings and yet it still asks for the password.

Any resolution before I change to an android device for them?

thank you

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 11:18 AM

From: Require a password for App Store and iTunes purchases - Apple Support

About turning off password protection

- You can't completely turn off password protection for paid items on your iPhone, iPad, or computer. On Apple TV, you can turn off password protection for both free and paid items.

- If you enabled Touch ID or Face ID for App Store and iTunes Store purchases, you'll be asked to use Touch ID or Face ID for every download, even if the item is free.

Feedback for Apple to: Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 11:18 AM in response to Nattay89

From: Require a password for App Store and iTunes purchases - Apple Support

About turning off password protection

- You can't completely turn off password protection for paid items on your iPhone, iPad, or computer. On Apple TV, you can turn off password protection for both free and paid items.

- If you enabled Touch ID or Face ID for App Store and iTunes Store purchases, you'll be asked to use Touch ID or Face ID for every download, even if the item is free.

Feedback for Apple to: Product Feedback - Apple

Child’s Apple ID Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.