Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does it ask for child accounts passwords twice

My child has their own Apple ID as suggested by apple. It's a child account with my Apple ID set as a parent. When downloading Apps on their iPad it requires their password TWICE, then asks for parental permission, which once recieved then requires their password TWICE again to download the app.

It doesn't end there, auto update apps doesn't keep a child id's apps updated. When you go to update apps in their appstore and hit "update all" it requires their password for EACH app as it updates... you'd think you'd just have to put in the password once, but if you have 30 apps to update you have to put their password in 30 TIMES. This is incredibly incovienent and makes me regret setting their ipad up with a child account... I should have just created a dummy account and controlled it with screentime and a password only I know. I like having my childs device cut off from safari and gated to only the apps I allow but this just makes it cumbersome to a degree it's almost not worth it.

Am I doing something wrong, or did Apple really make administering a child's ipad this cumbersome and incovienent?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 11:40 AM

If you go to Settings/iTunes & App Store/Password Settings, is Require After 15 Minutes checked? You can also go to Free Downloads and turn off Require Password.

Similar questions

1 reply

Why does it ask for child accounts passwords twice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.