Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store Password Required

My two children have exactly the same ipad, on exactly the same ios version (16.2) and I have set the exact same Content & Privacy Restrictions settings for them via Screen Time I.e. the Require Password section of iTunes & App Store Purchases is set to Don’t Require, yet one of my children is still asked for a password to download apps in the App Store and the other child isn't. To be clear, my aim is for them NOT to have to enter a password. I don’t know where else to look.

for the child that doesn’t need to enter a password, his Password Settings under Media & Purchases are available to change, whereas for my other child his are greyed out…

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 8:31 PM

That doesn’t help as we parents want Screen Time turned on and Ask to Buy turned on as well. Why should a password be required if a parent is having to approve the “Ask to Buy?” The child shouldn’t have to enter a password if the parent approves it!

Similar questions

8 replies

Jan 4, 2023 1:11 PM in response to Theyrealltaken1

for the child that doesn’t need to enter a password, his Password Settings under Media & Purchases are available to change, whereas for my other child his are greyed out…

Try this:

On the iPad of your child, where his Password Settings under Media & Purchases is greyed out…

Tap App Store -> tap his profile -> scroll down -> log out.

Wait a few minutes, 5 minutes or so.

Then log in again.

App Store Password Required

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.