Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I send SMS/mms AND IMessages?

i have two people I message most frequently--one uses Apple products and the other androids. Can I send texts as both iMessages and SMS/MMS?

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 6:28 PM

At the same time in one message thread? No. I just tried it. I entered two recipients. First I entered an Apple recipient and chose a blue (iMessage) entry from his contact page. Then I added a friend who uses Android. When I added the Android target, the Apple target changed from blue to green. This tells me that the message to both targets would go out via SMS.

Sorry.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2020 6:28 PM in response to Cinlou1492

At the same time in one message thread? No. I just tried it. I entered two recipients. First I entered an Apple recipient and chose a blue (iMessage) entry from his contact page. Then I added a friend who uses Android. When I added the Android target, the Apple target changed from blue to green. This tells me that the message to both targets would go out via SMS.

Sorry.

Can I send SMS/mms AND IMessages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.