Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my frustration and disatisfication with iPhones

Please forgive me if I do something wrong, I don't know how to do this. First time.

Every time I try to find out how to do something on my iphone, I get instructions that are not compatible with what I am seeing on my phone, SO, I am not able to accomplish anything. I can't be the only one having this problem... I would like instructions SPECIFIC TO AN iPHONE 7 that will tell me how to make my phone show, using a symbol, an alert when texts and calls come in.

PLEASE HELP!!!

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 7:48 PM

You should be able to download an iPhone 7 manual from here:

Apple - Support - Manuals

But what I think you really want is an iOS 13 manual (which is also available on the same link above).

For the specific question you asked, perhaps the "Change alert styles" section in:

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

will help. (You can change the sound, but I don't know how to use a symbol.)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2020 7:48 PM in response to Cryptozoo

You should be able to download an iPhone 7 manual from here:

Apple - Support - Manuals

But what I think you really want is an iOS 13 manual (which is also available on the same link above).

For the specific question you asked, perhaps the "Change alert styles" section in:

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

will help. (You can change the sound, but I don't know how to use a symbol.)

my frustration and disatisfication with iPhones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.