Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why wont my new phone dial out?

why wont my new phone dial out? i just finished transferring all my data from my old iphone xr to my new iphone 14, my apps appear to be working but my phone wont allow me to dial out... what am i missing?

iPhone 14

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 4:24 PM

There could be a few different reasons why your new iPhone is not allowing you to make phone calls. Here are a few things you can try:

1. Check your network connection: Make sure that your phone has a good network connection. If you're using cellular data, try turning it off and using WiFi instead, or vice versa.
  2. Check your phone's settings: Go to the Settings app and check that the "Airplane Mode" switch is turned off and that the "Mobile Data" or "Cellular Data" option is turned on. You should also check that the "Do Not Disturb" switch is turned off.
  3. Check for a carrier settings update: Your phone's carrier may have released an update that is required for you to be able to make phone calls. To check for a carrier settings update, go to the Settings app, tap "General," tap "About," and then look for an option to "Update Carrier Settings."
  4. Reset your phone's network settings: If the above steps don't help, you can try resetting your phone's network settings. This will reset all of your phone's network settings to their defaults, but it won't delete any of your data. To reset your network settings, go to the Settings app, tap "General," tap "Reset," and then tap "Reset Network Settings."

I hope one of these steps helps resolve the issue you're experiencing. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

PS: Make sure your sim card is plugged in.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2022 4:24 PM in response to Gbeh-7476

There could be a few different reasons why your new iPhone is not allowing you to make phone calls. Here are a few things you can try:

1. Check your network connection: Make sure that your phone has a good network connection. If you're using cellular data, try turning it off and using WiFi instead, or vice versa.
  2. Check your phone's settings: Go to the Settings app and check that the "Airplane Mode" switch is turned off and that the "Mobile Data" or "Cellular Data" option is turned on. You should also check that the "Do Not Disturb" switch is turned off.
  3. Check for a carrier settings update: Your phone's carrier may have released an update that is required for you to be able to make phone calls. To check for a carrier settings update, go to the Settings app, tap "General," tap "About," and then look for an option to "Update Carrier Settings."
  4. Reset your phone's network settings: If the above steps don't help, you can try resetting your phone's network settings. This will reset all of your phone's network settings to their defaults, but it won't delete any of your data. To reset your network settings, go to the Settings app, tap "General," tap "Reset," and then tap "Reset Network Settings."

I hope one of these steps helps resolve the issue you're experiencing. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

PS: Make sure your sim card is plugged in.

why wont my new phone dial out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.