Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emoji's in Messenger

The emoji's in messenger no longer work. I can't click/copy/paste and they no longer "automatically" appear in the message when clicked on. I've tried everything. I'm working off of IMac macOS Catalina,version 10.15.6. Thanks.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 9:56 AM

Boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and and try from there to add emojis to a message.  Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2020 9:56 AM in response to emf7500

Boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and and try from there to add emojis to a message.  Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

Emoji's in Messenger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.