Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mice Support on MacOS

Hi there,

My Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed won't connect to my 2020 MacBook Pro through bluetooth. Any tips/info would be useful. My mouse shows up in the Macbook's bluetooth options but won't connect - I've paired the mouse to my iPad (7th generation) so I know how the setup process works/ the mouse works with other apple products.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 7:41 AM

My first question would be: Have you tried contacting Razer support to see if there would be any known issues using this particular mouse with a Mac, running macOS Catalina? Nice mouse, btw!

What exactly happens when you attempt to connect this mouse to your Mac, via Bluetooth? Does the Mac's Bluetooth recognize it at all?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2020 7:41 AM in response to LWalsh78

My first question would be: Have you tried contacting Razer support to see if there would be any known issues using this particular mouse with a Mac, running macOS Catalina? Nice mouse, btw!

What exactly happens when you attempt to connect this mouse to your Mac, via Bluetooth? Does the Mac's Bluetooth recognize it at all?

Sep 5, 2020 7:49 AM in response to Tesserax

Hi there,

It shows up in the bluetooth menu but doesn't connect when I've put it in the pairing mode. I read online that it does (only partially as you can't customise the programmable buttons) connect to macOS so you can use it for day to day tasks. I'm contacting Razer support to see whether they can give me any additional information !

Sep 5, 2020 8:56 AM in response to Tesserax

Hi there,

I've managed to get it to connect - I reset the NVRAM and the SMC and it just connected !

I'm assuming your rig is Windows-based; in which case you should have no problem connecting a Razer mouse to it as these mice are designed for windows. If you wanted to use the mouse with your Mac mini you should be fine - im guessing something was slightly wrong with my computer and resetting the NVRAM and SMC sorted it out. But the main thing is that it now reliable connects to my computer.....thankyou for your help !

Mice Support on MacOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.