Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album View broken in Apple Music???

So I just got a new mac. I've been avoiding updating to Catalina because I was worried about what I would be giving up, in particular with iTunes. I am setting up Apple Music and it's infuriating. Not just different, but actually worse.

So to my particular question, in Album View, when I key in command-L, rather than take me to the currently playing album within Album View, it opens up the currently paying album in its own tab. When I go back to Album View it then returns to the same spot and does not show me where the currently playing album is in context. This is beyond annoying. It's useless.

Is there a way to quickly get the Album View to show me where the currently playing album is? Is my only option to scroll all the way down?

Alternatively, is there any way to return to iTunes? Or is there a better music playing app for playing my personal music library?

Also, is there a way to change the default album size to display more than 6 across?

Thank you.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 12:36 PM

Hello Thechaosfactory,

It sounds like you are having trouble with the organization of the Apple Music app and want to return to iTunes. Check out these links for support with using the Apple Music app and what happened to iTunes.

What happened to iTunes?

Listen to music and more in the Apple Music app

Change Files preferences in Music on Mac

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2020 12:36 PM in response to thechaosfactory

Hello Thechaosfactory,

It sounds like you are having trouble with the organization of the Apple Music app and want to return to iTunes. Check out these links for support with using the Apple Music app and what happened to iTunes.

What happened to iTunes?

Listen to music and more in the Apple Music app

Change Files preferences in Music on Mac

Cheers!

Sep 6, 2020 2:58 PM in response to CarlAVII

I didn't mean to hit solved. I was trying to see if there was a drop down menu to say "This did not solve my question."

Is there a way to change the default 6 album across in Apple Music? And is there a way to make command L take you to the current album playing within album view without leaving album view? I want to see the current album playing in context, but it just takes me to a full screen of the album playing, and then when I go back to album view, it's still in the same place, not where the current album is.

Album View broken in Apple Music???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.