Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Liquid Damage

If I were to repair a liquid damaged 13” MacBook Pro with Touch Bar how much would I cost? It’s a 4 port, 512 GB, i5 computer so I’m assuming it’s going to be expensive. The computer doesn’t turn on or anything so I think they would have to replace everything. Do they discount a replacement or try to repair it? Thank you.

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 8:57 PM

Hi,

Try to contact with Apple Repair and ask about the cost.

I think it would be expensive as you think.

https://support.apple.com/repair

2 replies

Sep 5, 2020 9:05 PM in response to Ali_H_

We are not Apple, but rather end users like you. We cannot answer that, especially on a computer we can neither see nor touch. Repair cost also vary with where you are in the world, and these are international English-language forums.

The majority of MacBook Pros that get wet, depending on the type of liquid, eventually fail completely. Immediately put your homeowners'/renters' insurance carrier on notice of a potential loss. That is likely the only financial relief you will get unless you bought AppleCare+ with your Mac.

MacBook Pro Liquid Damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.