Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR Water Damage + Dust Damage

Recently I dropped my iPhone XR into the toilet. (7ish hours ago to be exact). I immediately dried my phone off and put it in rice. A grain of rice then got stuck in the charging port but we managed to suck it out with a vacuum cleaner and a pin (the pin didnt touch the sides, so I heavily doubt it has to do with that). Then I put it in the airing cupboard and it's been there since. I just tested it to charge now and it's not charging. Is this because of water damage, dust, or both?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 9:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 5:53 AM

Hi finnegan225,

We understand that your iPhone incurred accidental damage, and it's no longer charging. We'd like to help.

The "What should I do if my iPhone gets wet?" part of this article has some good information about what to do if your iPhone comes in contact with liquid: About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later Please also be sure to see the "If my iPhone gets wet, can I charge it?" part of that same link before attempting to charge your iPhone.

If you believe that dust may be in your iPhone, this link explains the best way to clean your device: How to clean your Apple products

If your iPhone still won't charge, there's some additional information here that may help: If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge

If the above steps don't help, please contact our support team for further assistance: Get Support

Take care.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2020 5:53 AM in response to finnegan225

Hi finnegan225,

We understand that your iPhone incurred accidental damage, and it's no longer charging. We'd like to help.

The "What should I do if my iPhone gets wet?" part of this article has some good information about what to do if your iPhone comes in contact with liquid: About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later Please also be sure to see the "If my iPhone gets wet, can I charge it?" part of that same link before attempting to charge your iPhone.

If you believe that dust may be in your iPhone, this link explains the best way to clean your device: How to clean your Apple products

If your iPhone still won't charge, there's some additional information here that may help: If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge

If the above steps don't help, please contact our support team for further assistance: Get Support

Take care.

iPhone XR Water Damage + Dust Damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.