Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No subject emails with garble in body of email

I am receiving emails with “No Subject” in the subject line and in the body of the email there is , for the most part, garble or just letters and sometimes a word. It comes from one person and does have links attached to it. I have not opened them up and delete the email. Is this something I should be worried about and would it be coming from my email or the person sending the email?. My girls say it’s a bot email coming from a robot. How would I correct it?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 7:04 AM

Block that particular contact: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201229

2 replies

Oct 8, 2020 1:26 PM in response to Stellabarbara1191958

In the last 3 months I also have received emails with garbled letters for the most part and attachments that are garbled at the end of the email. They are from people I know, and only a few emails from them appear this way. Apple Mail and Spark (macOS, iOS, and iPadOS) cannot render them correctly, but Thunderbird can, and they are legit. This could be a problem unrelated to a malevolent sender. I have yet to figure out why some but not all emails from these two senders appear this way, but I suspect it has to do with their Windows email client and the way emails are encoded on their end. It's always a problem with emails to lists of people, by the way -- lists of people who belong to the organizations.

Do these descriptions fit your situation, Stellabarbara?

No subject emails with garble in body of email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.