Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update Flash Player on my iMac

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 11:41 AM

Make sure you really need it before downloading.

I have a 2017 iMac running Mojave that I bought in late 2018. As a test during setup, I did not install Flash, Silverlight or any other video player. I can watch any web video except for the occasional holdover Windows Media file, where neither Flash or Silverlight help.

That was almost two years ago and I have yet to find any need for a video player. Everything just works. So make sure—don't assume—that you need Flash.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2020 11:41 AM in response to Susan Sheehy

Make sure you really need it before downloading.

I have a 2017 iMac running Mojave that I bought in late 2018. As a test during setup, I did not install Flash, Silverlight or any other video player. I can watch any web video except for the occasional holdover Windows Media file, where neither Flash or Silverlight help.

That was almost two years ago and I have yet to find any need for a video player. Everything just works. So make sure—don't assume—that you need Flash.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.