Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All Inbound mail to iCloud account goes to junk mailbox instead of inbox

Looking for advice as to how to remedy and cause new iCloud mail to enter iCloud Inbox rather than iCloud Junk mailbox. Running Mac Mojave 10.14.6. This started happening outside any changes I might have made. Rebuilding doesn't seem to help. Thanks for advice.

MacBook

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 5:00 PM

First make sure there are no filters active on the mac:

Filter emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

After that see if you can isolate to what device is causing this to happen, or if it happens regardless of device.

You can try and deactivate the mail on one device at a time and see if the issue stops

To deactivate inbox temporarily on your mac:

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Temporarily stop using an email account

1. In the Mail app  on your Mac, choose Mail > Accounts.
  2. Select the account, then deselect the Mail tickbox.
  3. Now the account’s messages are not shown in Mail.

To use the account again with Mail, select the Mail tickbox; the account’s messages are shown again (they don’t need to be downloaded from the server again).

Once you have deactivated it, use iCloud.com to check mail temporarily, if that "resolves" the issue, at least we have isolated it to your mac.

If it still happens, we have found that it has nothing to do with your mac.

Good luck!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2020 5:00 PM in response to poor yorick

First make sure there are no filters active on the mac:

Filter emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

After that see if you can isolate to what device is causing this to happen, or if it happens regardless of device.

You can try and deactivate the mail on one device at a time and see if the issue stops

To deactivate inbox temporarily on your mac:

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Temporarily stop using an email account

1. In the Mail app  on your Mac, choose Mail > Accounts.
  2. Select the account, then deselect the Mail tickbox.
  3. Now the account’s messages are not shown in Mail.

To use the account again with Mail, select the Mail tickbox; the account’s messages are shown again (they don’t need to be downloaded from the server again).

Once you have deactivated it, use iCloud.com to check mail temporarily, if that "resolves" the issue, at least we have isolated it to your mac.

If it still happens, we have found that it has nothing to do with your mac.

Good luck!

Sep 11, 2020 12:21 PM in response to Androish

I followed your steps and didn't notice anything out of order with my filters. I did learn a few new things, though, regarding filtering. All the while, my inbound secondary mail from Yahoo and Gmail accounts were posting to their respective inbound mailbox, so I put on my patience hat and waited thinking there may have been a problem with the server. Well, I don't know for certain that there was a problem with the server, but toward the end of the long weekend, my inbound iCloud account mail resumed posting to my iCloud inbox, so the problem corrected itself. Thank you, Androish, for helping me!

All Inbound mail to iCloud account goes to junk mailbox instead of inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.