Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail going to iCloud Junk instead of Inbox

Since upgrading to Big Sur some of my incoming emails have been going to iCloud Junk rather than Inbox. I can just about manage with this but it is highly inconvenient. Can I fix this myself or do I wait for another macOS upgrade?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 4:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 7:35 AM

Howdy,

Do you have any custom actions setup?

Mail (menu) > Preferences > Junk Mail, Perform custom actions (Click Advanced to configure)

If so, please verify they are what you want.

Try reseting junk mail criteria.

Mail (menu) > Preferences > Junk Mail, Reset… (button). You will need to mark what's junk again.

See Change Junk Mail preferences in Mail on Mac

ivan

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2020 7:35 AM in response to Jeff Reeves

Howdy,

Do you have any custom actions setup?

Mail (menu) > Preferences > Junk Mail, Perform custom actions (Click Advanced to configure)

If so, please verify they are what you want.

Try reseting junk mail criteria.

Mail (menu) > Preferences > Junk Mail, Reset… (button). You will need to mark what's junk again.

See Change Junk Mail preferences in Mail on Mac

ivan

Nov 28, 2020 5:10 AM in response to ivan54

Thanks Ivan,

I tried Mail>Preferences>Junk and everything looked ok but some of my incoming mail was still going to Junk.

I then did Custom Actions>Advanced and set Move Message to Inbox. That cured my problem.

Of course all Junk will now go to my Inbox but I am happy with that as I can delete any I don't like.

My old Mail Preferences used to work before I "upgraded" to Big Sur so I think Apple must have fumbled something.

Mail going to iCloud Junk instead of Inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.