Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I click on spam text message

What happened once I click to spam link on my iPhone? They ask my email address and I gave but when they ask my password and credit cards number I suspicious

what should I do?

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 9:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 10:08 PM

I hope that you did not provide them with your password and credit card information. If you just gave them your email address then there is no harm done at this point. To be on the safe side, I recommend that you change the password to your Apple ID.

Axel F.

5 replies

Sep 21, 2020 2:20 PM in response to Axel Foley

Hi there,

My son also inadvertently clicked on a spam text link which took him to a website. He immediately got out of it, without giving any details, but I am concerned that the actual link means a Trojan has been installed on the phone? He changed his banking app log in details and I changed the Apple ID (as we are connected), but has access already been provided to his emails and apps in the short time it took to reset these things? If so, should he delete all data and restore to factory settings/set up as a New iPhone? And does that mean I have to change all my passwords too, if access could have been allowed to my apps via a potentially hacked iCloud? I don't want to blow this out of proportion, but I am very concerned (especially as our whole family is linked via iCloud so if someone has had even brief access to this, they could cause real damage) and any advice would be much appreciated!

Best wishes

Ute

Sep 21, 2020 7:57 PM in response to Ute Oz

No harm has been done since your son did not provide any details to the website link. There is no Trojan installed on your iPhone. The scammers, while using the so called phishing scam, only benefit from the information that you provide. You son did not provide any information. You are good to go. You have also changed the Apple ID / Password to be safe. You guys are fine.

Axel F.

I click on spam text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.