Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store account

How can I prevent my child from logging into a different account for the app store? I have parental controls on, but they can apparently just log out of the ID used in the app store and into a different one. The phone itself stays logged into the ID I manage, but the app store can be changed. How do I prevent that?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 8:35 AM

By using screen time restrictions you can restrict accessing the setting to change the apple ID in the store.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

If you restrict:

• Account Changes: Prevent changes to settings for Accounts & Passwords

this won't be possible. make sure you also set a screentime passode only you know.

Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2020 8:35 AM in response to tammyb77

By using screen time restrictions you can restrict accessing the setting to change the apple ID in the store.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

If you restrict:

• Account Changes: Prevent changes to settings for Accounts & Passwords

this won't be possible. make sure you also set a screentime passode only you know.

Good luck!

App Store account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.