Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 81-year-old mother forgot her passcode to get in her iPhone

My 81-year-old mother forgot her passcode to get in her iPhone 8 Plus. We had it set up so that a passcode was not required, but an update must have taken place and now it needs one. I know her Apple ID and password. Is there any way to reset her passcode for her remotely?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 9:29 AM

No, you can't unlock remotely.

If you had attempted unlocking multiple times with incorrect Lock Screen passcode, or if a message says that your device is disabled, learn what you need, what you get and what is lost.

You need a computer to follow these steps. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend.

Forgot? Click below to reset…

Click->If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2020 9:29 AM in response to javamama4

No, you can't unlock remotely.

If you had attempted unlocking multiple times with incorrect Lock Screen passcode, or if a message says that your device is disabled, learn what you need, what you get and what is lost.

You need a computer to follow these steps. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend.

Forgot? Click below to reset…

Click->If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your ...

My 81-year-old mother forgot her passcode to get in her iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.