Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR screen is black and white

I haven’t got any colour filters selected, it’s not on greyscale but the screen is black and white. I’ve tried a restart and it hasn’t made any difference. I’ve taken a photo and emailed it to myself and checking it on the pc, the photo is in colour, so it is seeing colour. The phone is 1 month out of service warranty!

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 8:06 AM

Hello Headfairy,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand that your iPhone is in grayscale, but you have checked several settings already. Let’s take a look and see what we can do. We're happy to help!

Let's take a look at one more setting to see if that setting is causing your device to appear in grayscale. Please open "Settings" > "Accessibility" > "Zoom" > "Zoom Filter" > make sure "None" is selected.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2020 8:06 AM in response to Headfairy

Hello Headfairy,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand that your iPhone is in grayscale, but you have checked several settings already. Let’s take a look and see what we can do. We're happy to help!

Let's take a look at one more setting to see if that setting is causing your device to appear in grayscale. Please open "Settings" > "Accessibility" > "Zoom" > "Zoom Filter" > make sure "None" is selected.

Have a great day!

iPhone XR screen is black and white

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.