You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An unexpected error occurred please try logging in again (Facebook in iPhone 8)

Hello, I am using my Facebook account for a long time, but unfortunately, I am having trouble login into my account from my iPhone 8 device, although I can access my account from my laptop. Below is the message showing when trying to login: "An unexpected error occurred. Please try logging in again"

I have already uninstalled the app and try again after install newly but the same message showed me. I also reset my network setting in my phone. please help me to resolve it and help me to keep connect with the world. I have to do social work and contribution by using my Facebook account from my iPhone. Thanks.

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 10:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 10:15 AM

Hello,

• Since this is an error in a third party app we at Apple support communities cannot help with this issue as it does not deal with an Apple product. You can contact Facebook support at (https://www.facebook.com/help)

Drake

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 13, 2020 11:18 AM in response to Rafiul007

Hi just wanted to help. I've had the same problem for a couple of months. Tried to search how to fix it. Luckily, I now figured out how to do it.

First, Go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Setting

your phone will reset all the settings

Second, go again to Settings>General>Reset> Erase all Content and Setting

This will erase ALL the settings in to your phone, it will be like a new phone.

Next is, log-in a NEW Apple ID to your device. Then Viola, you can now log-in your facebook account on your app.

Oct 15, 2020 2:39 PM in response to Rafiul007

Did you fix the issue? I'm hesitant to create a "new APPLE ID" as suggested because I don't want to affect my other apps just for the sake of Facebook.

I can log in as a different user on my friends iPhones, however, my iPhone 7 will not let me access my new account. I had to create a new FB and IG page due to a major hack.

I can access FB via Safari but obviously that's not as convenient.

Thanks!

An unexpected error occurred please try logging in again (Facebook in iPhone 8)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.