Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Over turning on caused inaccessibility on iPad Mini

I accidentally turned on "Voice Over." Then, the screen freezes. When I enter the pass code, I get the voice, but I can't sign in. The voice read the code, but not open the iPad. How do I pass this page and sign in my iPad?

iPad mini, iPadOS 13

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 8:29 AM

Hey there XR58,

We understand that you accidentally enabled VoiceOver and are now unable to enter the passcode to unlock your iPad. We'll be happy to help.

First, let's see if we can disable VoiceOver with the Home button shortcut. Do this by triple-clicking the Home button. This will only work if VoiceOver is set to this shortcut.

If it's still enabled, we'll need to use different gestures to move around the screen in order to enter the passcode. Check out those controls here: Learn VoiceOver gestures on iPad

Once you've unlocked the iPad, go to: Settings > Accessibility > VoiceOver

You can disable the feature from there.

We hope this helps. Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2020 8:29 AM in response to XR58

Hey there XR58,

We understand that you accidentally enabled VoiceOver and are now unable to enter the passcode to unlock your iPad. We'll be happy to help.

First, let's see if we can disable VoiceOver with the Home button shortcut. Do this by triple-clicking the Home button. This will only work if VoiceOver is set to this shortcut.

If it's still enabled, we'll need to use different gestures to move around the screen in order to enter the passcode. Check out those controls here: Learn VoiceOver gestures on iPad

Once you've unlocked the iPad, go to: Settings > Accessibility > VoiceOver

You can disable the feature from there.

We hope this helps. Cheers!

Voice Over turning on caused inaccessibility on iPad Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.