Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call from a suspicious number claiming to be Apple support

I got a call today from 219-229-**** it was a automated and it said that my iCloud account may have been breached and not to access any of my banking apps or anything that has information like that and said if I wanted to talk to Apple support to press 1 I immediately hung up? Was this a shame phone call?

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 12:09 PM

Apple does not make such calls.

All such calls are scams from criminals attempting to steal your personal and financial information. The callers will often use number spoofing to pretend they are calling from a legitimate business. The correct course of action is to ignore the calls or hang up on them, repeatedly if needed. 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2020 12:09 PM in response to Brittanycrane

Apple does not make such calls.

All such calls are scams from criminals attempting to steal your personal and financial information. The callers will often use number spoofing to pretend they are calling from a legitimate business. The correct course of action is to ignore the calls or hang up on them, repeatedly if needed. 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Call from a suspicious number claiming to be Apple support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.