Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SCAM local call

I recently (4:31pm indio ca 10/13/2020) got a call from (760)391-*** claiming my Apple icloud account has been breached and to contact apple support or to press 1 to be forwarded to Apple Support.... I didn’t press a number and phone call just got cut off, so I called back and it was Indio Police Department I told them what just happened and they told me to notify Apple

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 6:17 PM

The phone number was spoofed, as are most telemarketing and scam calls, to a number that they thought you were more likely to answer (e.g., a local number).

Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

That Apple Support page suggests the following if you want to report it to someone:

You can report fraudulent tech support calls to the Federal Trade Commission (U.S. only) at www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov or to your local law enforcement agency.

One option to consider is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 6:17 PM in response to melymejia

The phone number was spoofed, as are most telemarketing and scam calls, to a number that they thought you were more likely to answer (e.g., a local number).

Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

That Apple Support page suggests the following if you want to report it to someone:

You can report fraudulent tech support calls to the Federal Trade Commission (U.S. only) at www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov or to your local law enforcement agency.

One option to consider is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

SCAM local call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.