Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Catalina Mail side preview stopped working

Today I opened mail and found that the side preview was no longer working. If I disable the feature in View, I get the bottom preview, but if I enable side preview the bottom preview goes away and I do not get a side preview.

I have restarted mail. The results are the same. Is there some other option I need to enable to get this to work.

A family member was using the mail app earlier. Not sure if they did something to cause it to stop working.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 10:51 AM

Hi, welcome to the Apple Users Community.

Please take your mouse and hover over the edge on far right of the Mail window until a bold left facing arrow shows up, click and hold, then pull the window to the left. The preview should begin to show up, it may take a couple of attempts.

Best of luck

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2020 10:51 AM in response to paulschteen

Hi, welcome to the Apple Users Community.

Please take your mouse and hover over the edge on far right of the Mail window until a bold left facing arrow shows up, click and hold, then pull the window to the left. The preview should begin to show up, it may take a couple of attempts.

Best of luck

MacOS Catalina Mail side preview stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.