Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Un-hide Mail Preview

Hello -

I just upgraded my OS and was trying to get the classic view in Mail (OS Catalina). I read that I need to unclick "show side preview" and click "use column layout" since the "classic view" box is no longer present--

This worked, but at some point I was re-considering the side view, and then could not get the classic view back. I dragged the view all the way to the right to hide it. Now I can get neither the side preview nor the bottom preview to expand. I see the flat-line-with-arrow cursor but it will not work on bottom or right side.

Is there any way to easily re-set the default factory settings just for Mail? or any other way to fix this? I've searched and searched without finding an answer...

Thank you for any ideas you may have!

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 12:38 PM

gaiamie7 wrote:

Hello -
I just upgraded my OS and was trying to get the classic view in Mail (OS Catalina). I read that I need to unclick "show side preview" and click "use column layout" since the "classic view" box is no longer present--
This worked, but at some point I was re-considering the side view, and then could not get the classic view back. I dragged the view all the way to the right to hide it. Now I can get neither the side preview nor the bottom preview to expand. I see the flat-line-with-arrow cursor but it will not work on bottom or right side.

Is there any way to easily re-set the default factory settings just for Mail? or any other way to fix this? I've searched and searched without finding an answer...

You have to drag the little dot at the bottom (or the right side edge) a lot further then you would expect to have it pop into view.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2021 12:38 PM in response to gaiamie7

gaiamie7 wrote:

Hello -

You have to drag the little dot at the bottom (or the right side edge) a lot further then you would expect to have it pop into view.

Un-hide Mail Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.