Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo App Badge - I want to see where it comes from

I've seen questions like this but the answers are about how to get rid of the badge (the little red circle with a number in it stuck to the Photos icon). I am fine with these things, I just want to find the comment or photo it relates to. I am part of a whole bunch of shared albums with people, and clearly someone added something, a photo or a comment, and I can't find out where. Can someone tell me?

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 12:02 PM

If someone commented recently on a photo in your shared album, you should be able to see the comment in the "Activity Stream". To access "Activity" look in the sidebar in Photos, the first entry in the "Shared" section. The most recent entries will be on top.

To see the comments on the photo they relate to, you have to view the photos o the album enlarged and click the callout in the lower left corner, if it is showing a number. The number is indicating how many comments have been added.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2020 12:02 PM in response to gren3538

If someone commented recently on a photo in your shared album, you should be able to see the comment in the "Activity Stream". To access "Activity" look in the sidebar in Photos, the first entry in the "Shared" section. The most recent entries will be on top.

To see the comments on the photo they relate to, you have to view the photos o the album enlarged and click the callout in the lower left corner, if it is showing a number. The number is indicating how many comments have been added.

Photo App Badge - I want to see where it comes from

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.