Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

People say my voice is choppy when talking to them on speaker phone

Has anyone else had an issue where they are told they are cutting out when on phone calls? I just went from an iphone 8 where I never had any speaker issues to an iPhone 11 pro max and people say my voice is cutting out on every call I make. Verizon sent me a brand new phone and the issue is still there. I use my speaker phone for work and need it to be reliable. Any advice?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 5:14 PM

I have faced this problem for months. My wife has a iphone 11 pro. I have an iphone 10. When we communicate on Facetime her voice and video are choppy. I hear every second or third word. I thought the phone was defective. I then tested it with friends who have various iphones (not iphone 11). No issues at all with Facetime. I then tested it with another iphone 11 pro. Same choppy conversation.

The problem appears to be with some sort of feedback through the non iphone 11 phone. I discovered this by testing it with my bluetooth headset. The problem stopped immediately. I then tested this by muting my phone (iphone 10). The problem again disappeared. As soon as i turned off the mute the problem started again.

Her iphone was reset to factory settings, the TMobile SIM card was changed, calls to Apple Support, etc. did not resolve anything.

Try muting the non iphone 11 phone. (The one receiving the choppy audio).

i put in another call to Apple Support and will contact them again when I have her phone available for testing.

PLEASE POST YOUR RESULTS.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2020 5:14 PM in response to nkbaur

I have faced this problem for months. My wife has a iphone 11 pro. I have an iphone 10. When we communicate on Facetime her voice and video are choppy. I hear every second or third word. I thought the phone was defective. I then tested it with friends who have various iphones (not iphone 11). No issues at all with Facetime. I then tested it with another iphone 11 pro. Same choppy conversation.

The problem appears to be with some sort of feedback through the non iphone 11 phone. I discovered this by testing it with my bluetooth headset. The problem stopped immediately. I then tested this by muting my phone (iphone 10). The problem again disappeared. As soon as i turned off the mute the problem started again.

Her iphone was reset to factory settings, the TMobile SIM card was changed, calls to Apple Support, etc. did not resolve anything.

Try muting the non iphone 11 phone. (The one receiving the choppy audio).

i put in another call to Apple Support and will contact them again when I have her phone available for testing.

PLEASE POST YOUR RESULTS.

Sep 9, 2020 10:21 AM in response to nkbaur

Greetings, nkbaur.

It appears that other people aren't able to hear you clearly when you make or take a call using your iPhone 11 Pro Max. You're using the speakerphone for phone calls, and we're glad to help with this.

If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working -- When people aren't able to hear you clearly on a phone call, test the microphones on your iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Take care.

People say my voice is choppy when talking to them on speaker phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.