Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't download youtube on my iphone XR.

I don't get why - whenever I search for the youtube in my app store the window "unlock youtube's hidden features" pops out and that's it. Nothing else happens.

I can't download it, even thought my age restriction are OFF.

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 7:53 AM

We understand that you've been unable to download YouTube onto your iPhone. We'll be happy to help with this.

It's possible what you're seeing a promoted post or related to the YouTube app. Try tapping on what's coming up to see if there is a link to the app within that. You could also scroll further down to see if the app is below. For more info on downloading apps, check this out: Download apps and games from the App Store

Alternatively, if you've ever downloaded this app before on your account, we could use the previously downloaded section to search for it there. Use these steps: Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books

Let us know how that goes. Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2020 7:53 AM in response to LanaDevidze

We understand that you've been unable to download YouTube onto your iPhone. We'll be happy to help with this.

It's possible what you're seeing a promoted post or related to the YouTube app. Try tapping on what's coming up to see if there is a link to the app within that. You could also scroll further down to see if the app is below. For more info on downloading apps, check this out: Download apps and games from the App Store

Alternatively, if you've ever downloaded this app before on your account, we could use the previously downloaded section to search for it there. Use these steps: Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books

Let us know how that goes. Cheers!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.