Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two factor authentication

I want to turn of my two factor authentication of my Apple ID . How can it be possible?

i can’t doing it. there is no turning off option. it’s so annoying.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 6:59 AM

You can't turn off two factor after you have set it up.

You can rollback the first 2 weeks however. After that there is no way to go back.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, you can unenroll within two weeks of enrollment. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require higher security.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2020 6:59 AM in response to sadi226

You can't turn off two factor after you have set it up.

You can rollback the first 2 weeks however. After that there is no way to go back.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, you can unenroll within two weeks of enrollment. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require higher security.

Sep 9, 2020 6:59 AM in response to sadi226

Hello,

• If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, you can unenroll within two weeks of enrollment. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require higher security.

Drake

Sep 9, 2020 7:34 AM in response to sadi226

If necessary, contact Apple ID Support for assistance with the email.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

Sep 9, 2020 7:25 AM in response to sadi226

If it is within 2 weeks follow the instructions I gave you.

You should have revived an email when you enabled it.

In it there is a link you can press to unroll.

It should look something like this:

If you did not enable two-factor authentication and believe that an unauthorised person has access to your account, you can return to your previous security settings

The underlined section is the link you must press

Two factor authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.