Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

two iphones (two numbers) one apple id

hi,

so i got two iphones and have two different numbers, how do i used them with my apple id? one apple id is enough? or is better to have to separate for each phone?

thanks

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 8:21 AM

It depends. Do you want both phones to share call logs, messages, contacts and other data? If so one AppleID will work.

If you want to keep their data separate, two AppleIDs would be best.

You could use one AppleID with the App, music and book stores on both, so all your purchases are tied to one AppleID. But use different AppleIDs to sign into iCloud to keep all your iCloud sync’d data separate.

Alternatively you could use different AppleIDs on each for everything. Then set up family sharing between the two to share purchases Or iCloud storage between them.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2020 8:21 AM in response to justyna211

It depends. Do you want both phones to share call logs, messages, contacts and other data? If so one AppleID will work.

If you want to keep their data separate, two AppleIDs would be best.

You could use one AppleID with the App, music and book stores on both, so all your purchases are tied to one AppleID. But use different AppleIDs to sign into iCloud to keep all your iCloud sync’d data separate.

Alternatively you could use different AppleIDs on each for everything. Then set up family sharing between the two to share purchases Or iCloud storage between them.

Sep 21, 2020 6:49 AM in response to annmarieskill

Just have him make himself his own AppleID. Sign your AppleID out of everything (iCloud. Messaging, FaceTime, the App, Music and Book stores) and sign back in with his own AppleID. The first time he signs into iCloud with his AppleID, he will complete the iCloud account setup process and create his own iCloud email address (which will serve as an alias or alternate login ID for his AppleID).

You can set up family sharing and invite him to join so he can continue to use and update the Apps purchased under your AppleID.

Sep 21, 2020 7:02 AM in response to annmarieskill

If 13 years old or older.

Apple ID - create a new.      

Apple ID – Create         

If under 13 years old, you will need to set up Family Sharing to create an ID.

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child.      

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.      

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

two iphones (two numbers) one apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.