Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Got new iPad. Can I have 2 apple id’s?

Is it possible for this new iPad I got with a new cellular number as well…. Is there a way I can use both of my phone numbers? And should I set up a brand new Apple ID?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ)

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 8:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 8:18 AM

I don't think any iPad has dual SIM capabilities.

Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support

What you need

An iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, or later with iOS 12.1 or later

A wireless carrier that supports eSIM

Generally you should not create a new Apple ID. The only reason for having two accounts is if you want one that is a completely different persona from the first one. For example, if you use one with business and want to have that completely separate from the one that you use for personal use.

Click on this link for Apple ID Frequently Asked Questions --> https://appleid.apple.com/faq

"How many Apple IDs do I need?

Just one. Use the same Apple ID everywhere you sign in to ensure that all your Apple services and devices work together seamlessly and you can access your personal content from all your devices."

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2023 8:18 AM in response to Corey0524

I don't think any iPad has dual SIM capabilities.

Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support

What you need

An iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, or later with iOS 12.1 or later

A wireless carrier that supports eSIM

Generally you should not create a new Apple ID. The only reason for having two accounts is if you want one that is a completely different persona from the first one. For example, if you use one with business and want to have that completely separate from the one that you use for personal use.

Click on this link for Apple ID Frequently Asked Questions --> https://appleid.apple.com/faq

"How many Apple IDs do I need?

Just one. Use the same Apple ID everywhere you sign in to ensure that all your Apple services and devices work together seamlessly and you can access your personal content from all your devices."

Got new iPad. Can I have 2 apple id’s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.