Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't persuade iMAC 2020 to accept Wacom Intros

How can I stop MAC from blocking my Wacon Intuos S? I downloaded the latest driver from Wacom, because an OS X update and interfered with its operation. If I use the Wacom pen, an error message says that the security settings are blocking the tablet. I have gone into "Privacy and Security" and "Accessibility" and found that the Wacom was duly authorised: both the app and the driver. Wacom has been helpful, but the problem doesn't seem to go away.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 8:12 AM

6 replies

Oct 3, 2020 5:54 AM in response to Kurt Lang

Hi , I didn't know about the full disk access either as it wasn't mentioned HOWEVER, "Wacom Desktop centre" is there and ticked. Is there meant to be some other Wacom entity there too?

I notice that "Wacom Desktop centre" is in the Files and folders too and says "full disk access" and present and ticked in the Automation folder

Still having no luck and keeps coming up with the error message " security settings prevented the Wacom software from posting an event" and then suggesting making sure the Wacom are ticked in accessibility and Input monitoring. In Input monitoring " com.wacom.iomanager" is ticked and in Accessibility "com.wacom.iomanager" and "wacomtouchdriver"are ticked

I have completely uninstalled and re installed a couple times and am using macOS Catalina version 10.15.7

Oct 3, 2020 6:50 AM in response to Larrakin

I erased all of Wacom on my hard disk, before downloading the updated driver. I went into Privacy and Security and found the Wacom items properly in place. But see above, Kurt Lang's useful (see above) was essential: there were further checks to make.) I assume you know about going into Preferences<Privacy and Securrity then using your computer password to unlock the padlock on the menu in order to access and check the items in addition that Mr Lang mentions. (Then prepare, as he remarks, for the onslaught of Big Sur, the update of OS 10.15) hoping that MAC and WACOM facilitate the adjustment to a revised operating system.

Oct 3, 2020 7:13 AM in response to Larrakin

I did have a similar issue like that in High Sierra. Everything was supposedly correct, but the OS still complained. So I did the ol', "Did you try turning if off and back on again?" thing.

I used the uninstaller to remove the Wacom drivers and other related software. This forces a restart since it removes kernel extensions. I then reinstalled the Wacom software (and another required restart). Once I was back at the desktop, I went right to the security preferences and made sure everything for Wacom was checked. It then worked.

Can't persuade iMAC 2020 to accept Wacom Intros

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.