Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't login to Twitter on Apple TV - not an iPhone/iPad User

There is no way for me to login to Twitter or even search it on Apple TV.

From what I read I need and iPhone or iPad to do this, but I do not own either.

I use my Apple TV for almost everything as my eyesight won't let me use a phone for such things.

Is there any way I can log into Twitter on Apple TV so I can see MY Twitter feed and those I follow?

Thank you.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 6:41 AM

Here is a link that explains how to connect your Apple IOS device to twitter so you can "tweet" while watching the Twitter App on Apple TV.

But I now see a more recent article from this year that does state we are limited to only watching what Twitter wants us to want. So I have deleted the Twitter app since it is 100% useless to me.

Thanks.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2020 6:41 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Here is a link that explains how to connect your Apple IOS device to twitter so you can "tweet" while watching the Twitter App on Apple TV.

But I now see a more recent article from this year that does state we are limited to only watching what Twitter wants us to want. So I have deleted the Twitter app since it is 100% useless to me.

Thanks.

Sep 9, 2020 9:42 PM in response to Vancouver22

Thanks, but that is not the point. If you have an iPhone or iPad you can use it to log into your Twitter account, so you are seeing your own feed.

I want to be able to search for things and watch them, like the various entities I follow. I am limited to a very small number of things that are forced on me, which I have zero interest in. I want to follow the English football teams I subscribe to, and the music personalities I subscribe to, not the pop crap they are promoting for teenagers.

Can't login to Twitter on Apple TV - not an iPhone/iPad User

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.