How do I log on to apple tv

How do I log on to apple tv+ with an iPhone using a Gmail account? I have had an apple tv for a few years but just recently switched from an Android to an iPhone. It automatically logs me in with my Apple account and asks me if I want to do a trial run but I already pay for it (as stated above). Thank you in advance for your help.

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on May 19, 2023 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2023 4:41 PM

If you used your Gmail account before, that means you had an Apple ID created with your Gmail address. My only Apple ID uses my Gmail address.

As I said, it sounds as if you created another Apple ID when you got your iPhone. You need to decide which one you're going to use, the original one that used your Gmail address, or the new one you created on the phone.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2023 4:41 PM in response to DoLola0671

If you used your Gmail account before, that means you had an Apple ID created with your Gmail address. My only Apple ID uses my Gmail address.

As I said, it sounds as if you created another Apple ID when you got your iPhone. You need to decide which one you're going to use, the original one that used your Gmail address, or the new one you created on the phone.

May 19, 2023 3:11 PM in response to DoLola0671

Do you use your Gmail address as your Apple ID? It sounds as if you did in the past. Did you create a new Apple ID when you got your iPhone? If so, that's the problem. It's not generally a good idea to have more than one Apple ID (there are some exceptions but this is not one). You'll need to decide which one you want to use. You will need to cancel any subscriptions on the one you know longer use and re-subscribe on your new Apple ID. Note that any content purchases (games, apps, media) are always tied to the Apple ID under which they were purchased. They can't be transferred.

On the bright side, if you decide to use the new Apple ID, you'll probably be eligible for any trial offers again.

How do I log on to apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.