Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV App is on my Samsung SmartTV but I can't log in on the tv

I have an AppleTV subscription that I enjoy on my Mac, however, and would like to log in to it using the AppleTV app that is loaded on my Samsung SmartTV. I'm unable to find instructions on how to do that. How can I use my subscription to AppleTV app on my SmartTV? Thanks in advance.

Apple TV

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 10:45 AM

When you sign in to the Apple TV app on your smart TV, with an Apple ID account that has the Apple TV+ subscription or any other Apple TV app Channel subscription, then that service would automatically be available on that device. Signing in is enough.

Apple TV app user guide for smart TVs and streaming devices - Apple Support

1. Open the Apple TV app TV app on your smart TV or streaming device.
2. Navigate to Settings.
3. Select Accounts, then select Sign In.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to do either of the following:
Sign in using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (iOS 11 or later), or an Android device that supports QR scanning: Use your camera to scan the QR code that appears onscreen, then follow the instructions on your device to sign in.
Sign in manually: Select “Sign in manually,” then follow the onscreen instructions to enter your Apple ID.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2020 10:45 AM in response to MarineMomSC

When you sign in to the Apple TV app on your smart TV, with an Apple ID account that has the Apple TV+ subscription or any other Apple TV app Channel subscription, then that service would automatically be available on that device. Signing in is enough.

Apple TV app user guide for smart TVs and streaming devices - Apple Support

1. Open the Apple TV app TV app on your smart TV or streaming device.
2. Navigate to Settings.
3. Select Accounts, then select Sign In.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to do either of the following:
Sign in using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (iOS 11 or later), or an Android device that supports QR scanning: Use your camera to scan the QR code that appears onscreen, then follow the instructions on your device to sign in.
Sign in manually: Select “Sign in manually,” then follow the onscreen instructions to enter your Apple ID.

Feb 9, 2020 10:18 AM in response to MarineMomSC

Hello!

Will want to make sure first that your Samsung Smart TV is listed here.

If you are able to confirm that your Smart TV is compatible, then you will want to take a look and follow:

Set up the Apple TV app on your smart TV or streaming device

Here is a link to Samsung Support for Apple TV+ as well:

All about the Apple TV app on your Samsung smart TV

AppleTV App is on my Samsung SmartTV but I can't log in on the tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.