Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing problems and adobe installation problems too.

I bought a homeschool curriculum and had no issues printing 3 sets of workbooks on my old MacBook Pro. I recently upgraded to an iMac and migrated my laptop to it. I can not get my next workbook I need to print without some images being blacked out. Everyone is telling me I need to use adobe reader but I can not get any version of it to install. It simply fails. I have "cleaned out" previous versions (which don't exist) and tried the "full version" to install, and that doesn't work either. I have also logged in as Root user and it won't work on that either.

Someone please help. I am desperate to get this homeschool curriculum printed asap! This super expensive Mac is feeling like a huge mistake.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 10:20 AM

Through my own trial and error (as Adobe was very unhelpful) I discovered that if you "customize installation" during the install, and unselect the browser option so that it only tries to install the app, it installs properly.

I had been getting error code 136 in Adobe cloud when trying to install, and everything I found online about how to get it to work failed. So this is what worked for me. Something I did not see anywhere else and figured out on my own.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2020 10:20 AM in response to ArenaBlanca

Through my own trial and error (as Adobe was very unhelpful) I discovered that if you "customize installation" during the install, and unselect the browser option so that it only tries to install the app, it installs properly.

I had been getting error code 136 in Adobe cloud when trying to install, and everything I found online about how to get it to work failed. So this is what worked for me. Something I did not see anywhere else and figured out on my own.

Printing problems and adobe installation problems too.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.