Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've connected to my device before using bluetooth, but now, I have to go to setting and select the device to connect to, it won't do it automatically.

I have my bluetooth setting on my iPhone 11, my devices are listed and available. I turn on my device, but my phone will not connect automatically. There are no other devices available but my speaker, yet I still have to select it to connect.

The website suggested going to Privacy, but when I do that I see bluetooth, but nothing else is listed. Not sure where to go from here.

Thank you

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 2:09 PM

4 replies

Oct 12, 2020 12:22 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I am having a very similar problem. I have two different bluetooth earpieces (one is older, a backup). When either is paired with the phone it works - except when an incoming call rings, the phone immediately does NOT use the bluetooth earpiece, so I have to fumble, race to get to the phone and manually engage the earpiece. This has only started happening with the latest SW updates. What's up?

Oct 12, 2020 1:18 PM in response to philmiller83

philmiller83 wrote:

I am having a very similar problem. I have two different bluetooth earpieces (one is older, a backup). When either is paired with the phone it works - except when an incoming call rings, the phone immediately does NOT use the bluetooth earpiece, so I have to fumble, race to get to the phone and manually engage the earpiece. This has only started happening with the latest SW updates. What's up?

What troubleshooting steps have you taken? I'd start by forgetting everything that's causing problems and re-pairing it according to the manufacturer's instructions.

Also, keep the headset you're not using turned off.

I've connected to my device before using bluetooth, but now, I have to go to setting and select the device to connect to, it won't do it automatically.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.