Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing JamPacks

I'm new to GarageBand, with version 10.3.5. My Legacy instruments only have 2 sub-categories: Logic and Garageband, each with bunch of instruments. I can't find JamPacks anywhere and have downloaded everything in the Sound Library. Anybody know how to get the JamPacks?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 5:28 PM

The JamPacks are no longer sold separately. They have sold on installer DVDs, that partly included PowerPC code in the installer, that will not run on the newer system versions.

I purchased MainStage 3 to get the JamPacks installed. GarageBand can access them, when MainStage installs them.

If you have MainStage 3, go to the main Menu Bar: MainStage 3 >Sound Library > Open Sound Library Manager, then download all GarageBand and Jam Pack Songs from the Legacy and Compatibility section, that you want to use with GarageBand or Logic.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2020 5:28 PM in response to lhfrank

The JamPacks are no longer sold separately. They have sold on installer DVDs, that partly included PowerPC code in the installer, that will not run on the newer system versions.

I purchased MainStage 3 to get the JamPacks installed. GarageBand can access them, when MainStage installs them.

If you have MainStage 3, go to the main Menu Bar: MainStage 3 >Sound Library > Open Sound Library Manager, then download all GarageBand and Jam Pack Songs from the Legacy and Compatibility section, that you want to use with GarageBand or Logic.

missing JamPacks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.