Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hardware electronics

Please suggest a Buy link or name of device of a connecting adapter for my seventh generation iPad for transferring of photos files like PDFs and others

I live in India ,, Amazon and reliAnce digital are my preferences

company : apple

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 11:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 7:27 AM

Yes - subject to the data-formatting requirements already provided.

Most storage devices require more power than the iPad alone can provide. You will need to connect your iPad Power Adapter to the auxiliary Lightning port on the USB3 Camera Adapter - using a Power Adapter of at least 10-12W; the Power Adapter supplied with your iPad should be adequate.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2020 7:27 AM in response to Chicken6969

Yes - subject to the data-formatting requirements already provided.

Most storage devices require more power than the iPad alone can provide. You will need to connect your iPad Power Adapter to the auxiliary Lightning port on the USB3 Camera Adapter - using a Power Adapter of at least 10-12W; the Power Adapter supplied with your iPad should be adequate.

Sep 10, 2020 7:20 AM in response to Chicken6969

Using the native Files App (or other File manager App), you can move accessible files between the iPad an attached storage devices.

Don’t be fooled by the product name. The USB3 Camera Adapter provides a full USB interface for for the iPad - to which you can connect a variety of supported Storage devices (such as pen-drive), card readers and cameras.

When using external storage devices, be aware that they must be pre-formatted as FAT, FAT32, exFAT or APFS - with a single data partition. Microsoft proprietary formats such as NTFS are not supported.

I hope this information and guidance is helpful to you.

Hardware electronics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.