Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch 3 battery draining too fast since last ios update13.7

Anyone else experiencing this problem with ios 13.7 and their apple watch? The battery is draining within a few hours of being charged. Is there a fix?

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 11:42 AM

I find that after any IOS or OS update that I have to force reset my iPhone and Watch once or twice (not including the restarts while doing the update).

Force restart your iPhone by whatever method is used by your phone. As soon as you see the Apple logo, force reset your Watch by holding in the crown and side button for 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release.

At this point your iPhone should be ready for you to enter your pin. When the watch is ready enter it's pin and let it finish booting up.

Do this once or twice and things should be back to normal battery wise.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2020 11:42 AM in response to alanbrownone

I find that after any IOS or OS update that I have to force reset my iPhone and Watch once or twice (not including the restarts while doing the update).

Force restart your iPhone by whatever method is used by your phone. As soon as you see the Apple logo, force reset your Watch by holding in the crown and side button for 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release.

At this point your iPhone should be ready for you to enter your pin. When the watch is ready enter it's pin and let it finish booting up.

Do this once or twice and things should be back to normal battery wise.

Sep 11, 2020 11:12 AM in response to alanbrownone

Greetings alanbrownone,

We see that you're having a concern about your Apple Watch battery life, and we understand wanting to make sure this lasts as long as it should. You've come to the right place for some assistance on looking into this.

We'd recommend taking a look at the following tips on how to maximize the battery life to see if that may help to revert to the runtime that you're use to:

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

If you see that these tips don't help with what you're experiencing, could you check the watchOS that is installed to make sure that is up to date as you're on the latest iOS version with your paired iPhone?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!

apple watch 3 battery draining too fast since last ios update13.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.