Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did anyone else have photos deleted when iOS 13.7 installed?

I noticed a bunch of photos were missing this morning after my iPhone upgraded to iOS 13.7 last night. Anyone else have this happen or know how I can recover the photos? I use iCloud to backup all of my photos.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 12:08 PM

Threemorethings wrote:
... how I can recover the photos? I use iCloud to backup all of my photos.

What do you mean? How are you using iCloud to backup the photos? Is iCloud Photos enabled?

Or are you making iCloud backups of your iPhone?

If you have been using iCloud Photos, make sure, that iCloud Photos is still enabled in the Settings > Your Name > iCloud > Photos and the iPhone is charged and connected to Wi-Fi. There may have been temporary problems with the cloud servers, so it may take a while for your Photos Library to be updated again after the update.

Also, you may want to check on a computer on the web page www.icloud.com, if your missing photos are still in iCloud. Open www.icloud.com in a web browser on a computer, sign in with your iCloud AppleID, open the Photos.app on that page.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2020 12:08 PM in response to Threemorethings

Threemorethings wrote:
... how I can recover the photos? I use iCloud to backup all of my photos.

What do you mean? How are you using iCloud to backup the photos? Is iCloud Photos enabled?

Or are you making iCloud backups of your iPhone?

If you have been using iCloud Photos, make sure, that iCloud Photos is still enabled in the Settings > Your Name > iCloud > Photos and the iPhone is charged and connected to Wi-Fi. There may have been temporary problems with the cloud servers, so it may take a while for your Photos Library to be updated again after the update.

Also, you may want to check on a computer on the web page www.icloud.com, if your missing photos are still in iCloud. Open www.icloud.com in a web browser on a computer, sign in with your iCloud AppleID, open the Photos.app on that page.

Sep 11, 2020 10:41 AM in response to Threemorethings

At least I can access them in iCloud photos. Thank you.

You#re welcome. 😊 Apple's servers are very slow right now. There seems to be some maintenance going on.

My iPhone backs up to iCloud and my photos back up to iCloud photos.

I am not sure, if you are aware of this, but this is a risky combination. As long as you are not using iCloud Photos the iCloud backup will include your photos and they are backed up. But if you are using iCloud Photos, the photos are no longer included in the iCloud backup of your iPhone and you are no longer having any backup of your photos. iCloud is only storing the current state of your. Photos Library. There is no history like with Time Machine. Your photos will be saved in iCloud and you can recover them from there, if the iPhone is lost or stolen, but you can no longer recover accidentally deleted photos. Consider to keep a backup of your photos on a computer as well.

See: How to back up an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch be able to Recover Accidentally, Permanently Deleted Photos - Apple Community

Sep 11, 2020 9:25 AM in response to léonie

My iPhone backs up to iCloud and my photos back up to iCloud photos. I went online as you suggested and all of my photos are there. It appears that they are very slowly reloading to my phone. This has never happened before with any other updates and I don’t understand why it’s happening now, but hopefully the photos will all reappear on my phone soon. At least I can access them in iCloud photos. Thank you.

Did anyone else have photos deleted when iOS 13.7 installed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.