Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lid opening automatically

Its not been a month since i bought the macbook air 2020. I have noticed after some days the lid opens automatically. Feels like the magnets doesn't have enough power.

When i carry macbook on my hand, facing the lid opening side straight up, the lid opens automatically. What might be the issue?

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 3:31 PM

Assuming there is nothing between the top lid and keyboard, meaning you are not using any cases, stickers, decals, keyboard covers, palm rests or "skins" — basically nothing to prevent them from sticking together—then your only recourse is to have Apple evaluate it: Contact Support.

It's possible the case has become distorted to a defective battery, for example.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2020 3:31 PM in response to reehanhussainlion

Assuming there is nothing between the top lid and keyboard, meaning you are not using any cases, stickers, decals, keyboard covers, palm rests or "skins" — basically nothing to prevent them from sticking together—then your only recourse is to have Apple evaluate it: Contact Support.

It's possible the case has become distorted to a defective battery, for example.

Lid opening automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.