📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random blue lights in night pictures

Is there a fix for the blue lights that appear when taking photos in night mode? The picture is in HEIC mode, not sure if that makes a difference or not and I am shooting on a 11pro max. My wife took a similar shot on her 11 pro and blue spots appeared there also.

Video is also affected. In the video there is dancing blue dots.

I have read that a reset helps - but no verification. Also since my wife's phone does †he same thing, I do not think it is only my phone. Some have mentioned 'lens flare' but I have been shooting for years with DSLRs and am familiar with lens flare. This is always blue. My lens was clean. In case that is an option.

I would like to know what the clear fix is for this. It seems to be a software issue. I am running 13.6.1.

Thanks in advance

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 2:11 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 11, 2020 2:13 PM in response to pensncrows

Hello pensncrows,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. There appears to be some anomalies when using Night Mode on the camera.

First, take another Night Mode photo and try the suggestions for taken low-light photos from the link here under "Take low-light photos with Night mode": iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro camera features

If you still see those dots in all your photos, try all the steps here: If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working

Have a great day.

Random blue lights in night pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.